Severe Weather Moves Through South Louisiana
Spring storms are bringing heavy rain and strong winds to much of central and southern Louisiana today. A tornado watch has been issued for most of central and south Louisiana through 7 o’clock, including East Baton Rouge, Orleans, and Terrebonne parishes. Some areas could see quarter-sized hail and wind gusts could reach up to 75 miles per hour.
A wind advisory is in effect until 10 o’clock for most of the state. The Sewerage and Water Board is preparing to handle the deluge. The...
ARTS & CULTURE
Like so many other musicians who have made a home in Nashville, singer Tomi Lunsford has spent her life immersed in country music. A native of Asheville, NC, she played in a family band from a young age. Her father, Jim Lunsford, was a journeyman fiddler who played with superstars of classic country and bluegrass such as Roy Acuff, Jim and Jesse McReynolds, Reno and Smiley, Bob Wills, and Marty Robbins. Her great-uncle, Bascom Lamar Lunsford, was a lawyer and famed collector of folk songs...
The Trump administration has announced new sanctions and penalties against Cuba, Venezuela and Nicaragua aimed at both ending the rule of Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro and weakening Cuba's communist regime. One of the measures will allow lawsuits against foreign companies operating on property in Cuba that was seized from U.S. citizens during the Cuban revolution — a reversal of more than 20 years of U.S. policy. Announcing the crackdown in Coral Gables, Fla., on Wednesday, national...
- Diesel Women's Authentic Difaron Abito Dress bluee Size 38 RRP BCF82
- French Connection Navy & Bronze Sequined Dress
- Joie Hacinthia Silk Maxi Dress
- Karen Millen Embroidery Pink Oriental Dress
- NEW ANTHROPOLOGIE by CLOTH & STONE High Low Sleeveless Dress, Grey, 148
- New Anthropologie size Med M Bowed Open-Shoulder Tunic Dress Sunday in Brooklyn
- NWT Lilly Pulitzer Indigo Sunset Swim Mila Shift Dress, Sz 10, 178
- Sexydress, Size Small and Small Red Chasity belt cut by de Ligne Designer
- 3 4 Length Retro 100% Leather Coat Size 10
- TADASHI HALTER EVENING DRESS SIZE 4P
- KAFFEJersey Blazer tailliert gestreift dunkelblue K90NEU Gr 34 XS 2630fe
- The North Face W CAMPSHIRE VEST Sequoia Red Mtn Culture Core FREE SHIPPING
- Belstaff Giubbino women Col Panna tag varie -65 % OCCASIONE
- NEW Virgin wool long coat Caractere 46
- BIRGER CHRISTENSEN FOR SAKS FIFTH AVENUE MINK FUR COAT
- Ladies North Face Hoodie Drew Peak Pull Over Hoody Medium 38 Chest Dark Red NWT
- GIVENCHY Abstract Paint Print Sweatshirt Women size L
- JEAN PAUL GAULTIER SOLEIL MULTICOLOR BLAZER SKIRT SET FUZZY RUSHES DOTS SIZE S
- Heirloom Collectibles Cardigan Sweater Sz L Embroidered Hearts Flowers Butterfly
This week on Le Show Harry brings us News of America's Longest War, News of the Warm, News of the Godly, the Apresidentice, Apologies of the Week, and more!
The Reading Life with Auseklis Ozols, John Kemp and Bill Lavender
This week on The Reading Life: Susan talks with Auseklis Ozols, founder of the New Orleans Academy of Fine Arts, and writer John Kemp about their new book, “Auseklis Ozols: The Romantic Realism of an Artist and Teacher.” We’ll also hear from Bill Lavender about the upcoming New Orleans Poetry Festival and Small Press Book Fair, April 19-21.